Chocolate Facts :
- The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
- White Chocolate isn’t technically Chocolate, as it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor.
- It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make one pound (450 gr.) of chocolate.
- The inventor of the Chocolate Chip Cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
- M&Ms were created in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting.
- Every second, Americans collectively eat 100 pounds of chocolate.
- The World’s Largest Chocolate Bar Weighed 5,792 kg (12,770 lb).
- Chocolate magnate Milton Hershey canceled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters.
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third.
- Chocolate can sicken and even kill dogs.
- Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay.
- In 2013, Belgium issued a limited edition of chocolate flavored stamps.
- A lethal dose of chocolate for a human being is about 22 lbs., or 40 Hershey bars.
- The average chocolate bar contains 8 insect parts.
- Cats can get sick or die from eating chocolate.
- German chocolate cake isn’t German. It’s named for Sam German, an American baker.
- 100 pounds of chocolate are eaten in the U.S. every second.
- Chocolate is the only edible substance to melt around 93° F, just below human body temperature. That’s why chocolate melts in your mouth.
- 75% of the artificial vanilla produced in the world is used for ice cream and as a flavoring for chocolate.
- When it Comes to Coughs,Chocolate Is More Effective than Codeine.